Tuesday, May 5, 2020

I've yet to meet the redeemer


While living together at the Pudhouse 




in Charlottesville, VA during the summer of 2000 (with 13 other people in basically one room, lol) Colin L and I decided to put out a split 7". These were the four best songs I thought I had going at the time. "Traveling on an Empty Stomach" is about riding all over the USA using these forged 15 day greyhound passes we were making.

The music was later used as the music in this video by 
Jo Dery. 


The songs were recorded at the pudhouse on Tom Hohman's four track.

cover drawn and printed by CF, looks great
family affair

I think it came out in 2001? Me and Colin split the expenses, I think? 
Might be wrong about that. 

Oh, one awesome story about this 7" is that one day Tom and Colin wewre touring as USA IS A MONSTER and they were at the country music hall of fame trying to visit one random morning. They didn't have enough money to cover the entrance fee. Lo and behold who should come over but BIlly Gibbons who leans over to the clerk and with whiskey breath coming out a full two feet says "Irene, let these punk rockers into the country music hall of fame" which she promptly did. Col, being the ace hustler that he is ran to the van, grabbed a copy of this 7" and handed it to Billy.

Billy Gibbons has my fucking 7"

No comments:

Post a Comment